Vision Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figuring it all out

2 posters

Go down

Figuring it all out Empty Figuring it all out

Post  Jo Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 am

First....let me say that I was thrilled when Ralph mentioned this forum in his sermon a couple of weeks ago. Yea! What a wonderful thing it is to live in this day and time when we can have a forum like this to connect to others and share where God is leading us and explore the possibilities with others.
Here are my possibilities....and I'm really looking for some direction here because the vision God has given me needs focus! I have always worked with kids. I was a camp counselor at a Christian camp during my summers in college, was a youth director for five years, have worked with kids in many ways at Saint Matthew over the past (gasp!) 19 years, and I work with kids in my life every day as a guidance counselor at Hillview Junior High in Pittsburg. I love kids! They make me laugh, they make me cry, they make me think, they challenge me, they inspire me. And my real passion is working with the kids I work with in Pittsburg.....kids with challenges that most of the kids at Saint Matthew have never faced: poverty, gangs....tough stuff. Kids that are all colors of the rainbow and many different cultures: Tongans, Filipino's, Mexicans, African-Americans, and even a few white kids! Kids who are being raised by their grandparents or other relatives. Kids who have parents in jail. I love these kids. I mean, I really love them. And one of the visions that I believe God gave me was to bring Christ to Hillview. Last year I started a club called "Warriors for Christ." (Hillview's mascot is a warrior) We had about 10 kids who came regularly and several of those kids were amazing witnesses to their friends. The problem with the group was that we didn't have a real focus or direction and that's where I can use some help. I have some great resources in other teachers that would be willing to help out....some amazing Christian women! So.....I'd be happy to share more, but I'll end at this point and be interested in hearing from anyone who will pray for me, pray for the students at Hillview, pray for the staff, and help me figure out a focus or direction for this group. Thanks, Jo Aragon

Jo

Back to top Go down

Figuring it all out Empty Jo

Post  Pr Ralph Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. I really appreciate your step of faith to put your vision out there. I'm praying for you. I pray that God will use your step to bring those people alongside you that will help fulfill this vision. I pray that I can support this and help you make this happen. I will keep this in my prayers and thoughts as I talk with other people.

Hope you're doing great!
lookin' up,
ralph

Pr Ralph
Admin

https://visionforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum